It sounds pretty obvious, knowing how to start a car, but there are a couple of things that you’ll need to remember before you turn the key to ensure a safe and successful engine start.
Before you start the car:
1. Make sure the handbrake is engaged.
2. Press the clutch until it is all the way in (for manual cars).
3. Ensure the gear is in park (for automatic cars) or neutral (for manual cars).
To start the car:
1. Put the key into the car’s ignition, turn it to the ‘on’ position and then further to start the vehicle.
2. Once the engine fires up, let go of the key.
3. Check your dashboard for any warning lights – your handbrake light should be lit.Visit Our Google+ Page