There’re times when you will need to turn your vehicle around and drive back the way you came. The simplest way of doing this is by performing a U-turn.
Here’re the steps to follow when doing a U-turn:
- Check your mirrors, indicate left and pull in as close to the kerb as possible without touching it with your wheels.
- Check your mirrors and indicate right for a minimum of three seconds.
- Make sure to look for cars, pedestrians, and cyclists over your shoulder and in your mirrors.
- Slowly pull out as you turn your steering wheel as far to the right as it can go and drive smoothly to the other side of the road.
- Make sure to check your mirrors and blind spots before accelerating into your lane as you complete the turn. There could be a vehicle that’s come up behind you and is trying to pass.
Make sure to practise this manoeuvre a couple of times on a less busy road before you attempt performing it on a busy one.Visit Our Google+ Page