When it comes to driving lessons, passing your license exam shouldn’t be the only thing you’re worried about. Proper driver training should instil the right skills and attitudes to keep you confident and safe on the road.
A lot of would-be drivers chose to get driving lessons from friends or family. Although there’s nothing illegal about this, driver training – similar to any other kind of education – is best done by a professional. Here are five reasons why you should book professional driving lessons.
- Car safety. All accredited driving schools are required to have training vehicles fitted with dual controls. This ensures that the learner can learn how to drive without the danger of fatal mistakes. With this feature, the driving instructor can safely monitor the progress of the student and intervene when he/she deems it necessary. Furthermore, driver training vehicles are required to have a high safety rating to ensure the safety of the car’s occupants at all time. Driving school vehicles are also well maintained to ensure they are safe and run well. Home driving lessons can be dangerous for both the learner and “instructor” as a mistake that could have been easily rectified with dual controls could lead to a serious accident.
- Insurance cover. Your dad’s or friend’s insurance policy does not cover teaching someone how to drive either on the highway or on your local streets. While you can ignore this and hope that nothing happens, the chances of getting involved in an accident are very high because of the untrained driver behind the wheel (you) and the lack of dual controls in the vehicle. When you book driving lessons from a professional driving school, you can rest assured that the school is fully insured and licensed to teach learners how to drive.
- Convenience. Remember that popular saying ‘beggars can’t be choosers’? Well, when you get a friend or family member to teach you how to drive, they will be doing you a favour so you will have to adhere to their terms. This means that you’ll have to bend your schedule to match theirs with little flexibility available. With a professional driving school, you can create a schedule that best suits you and even have the instructor pick you up and drop you off at a location of your choice! Talk about convenience.
- A Structured curriculum. A professional driving school will have structured curriculums that they use for their driving courses. This will ensure that all the important bits about driving are adequately covered without omission and using the most current information. With this kind of structure, you can ask for intensive driving lessons so that you’re ready for your driving exam within a few weeks. This can be done without compromising the quality of your training.
- Professional driving instructors. These are individuals who have been trained and authorised to teach people how to drive. In addition to the professional treatment you will enjoy, a professional instructor will have the knowledge and experience to make any learner a competent and safe driver. And because they are always up to date with what driving examiners are looking for, they provide tips and targeted training to ensure that you pass your driving exam on the first attempt.
At All Star Driver Training, we understand that driver incompetence could have far-reaching consequences well into the future. That is why we strive to not only help you ace your license exam but to also ensure that you are a safe and competent driver when you hit the road.Visit Our Google+ Page