Most would-be drivers don’t want to spend a lot of money on their driving lessons. They, therefore, search for cheap lessons and end up being disappointed. This is because there is no such thing as “cheap driving lessons” or “cheap driving school”. Only a friend or family can offer those.
But as they say, cheap is expensive; and it’s no different when it comes to driving lessons. By choosing the cheapest lessons you can find, you are sacrificing the most expensive thing of all: your safety.
This is because lessons offered by a non-professional cannot guarantee your safety when you get on the road. Safety is the single most important aspect of driving, and when you overlook it, you are endangering not just your life but that of others. Ignoring safety to save a few bucks defeats the whole point of learning to drive your car as driving is safety; hence the traffic rules.
To get the best training, you have to train with a qualified professional driving instructor and this is why:
- You get to use proper learning equipment. Working with a professional driving instructor will provide you with the necessary learning materials and equipment to ensure that you acquire all the required knowledge and skills conveniently and safely. Equipment and materials that a professional can provide include reading materials for the theoretical part of your training and a dual control vehicle for the practical part. Dual control vehicles are vehicles fitted with control pedals on both the driver’s side and the passenger’s side. They give students the chance to learn and make mistakes without compromising their safety and that of the instructor.
- Skills, knowledge and experience. Professional driving instructors have the right combination of skills, knowledge and experience to teach new drivers. They are vetted by the government and deemed fit to train new drivers. You might argue that your dad has been driving for a long time and thus possesses the skill and experience to teach you. But it’s not that easy. Just because you know something doesn’t mean you can teach it to someone else. That’s why teachers, even after going through school themselves, have to undergo further training to help them pass on the knowledge. Furthermore, professional instructors will provide the latest in terms of information, as they keep abreast with the latest in road safety and traffic regulations.
- Customised teaching plan. A customised teaching plan is another benefit that you’ll gain when you take driving lessons with a professional. A customised teaching plan matches your learning capabilities with the curriculum. It ensures that you understand everything that is taught, during every hour of lesson, regardless of your learning speed. People generally assume that all people learn at the same pace which couldn’t be further from the truth. Only a professional can provide this service.
Other advantages of training with a professional include:
- Convenience. With a professional instructor, you can schedule your lessons at whatever time that is most suitable for you. You cannot do this when training with a parent or friend. When the lessons are offered by a friend or relative, you’ll have to adhere to their schedule which can be inconvenient for you.
- Exam preparation. The chances of passing your driving license exam will be higher when you train with a professional due to the high-quality training and professional tips for tackling exam questions.
- Modern cars. Professional lessons come with the added advantage of training in a new, modern vehicle which makes lessons so much fun.
Although tempting, professional driving classes should not be substituted for “informal” ones. If anything, informal lessons should be used to complement professional lessons, not to supplement them. At All Star Driver Training, you can be sure of getting the best training, to ensure that you become a competent, safe driver.
Read more: https://allstardrivertraining.com.au/