With so many driving instructors out there, choosing the right one to pass on this very important skill to you can be very difficult. Choosing the wrong instructor will not only reduce your chances of passing your licence test – which would be both a waste of time and money if you failed – but could also put your safety at risk if you do not acquire the necessary skills to keep you safe while on the road.
To help you make this decision, we have compiled a list of five questions that you should ask the driving instructor before you sign up for lessons.
- Are you professionally accredited? The instructor should be accredited by the licencing authority. This is the only way you can tell if the person has undergone the necessary training to make him/her a competent instructor.
- For how long have you been teaching? A good driving instructor should have at least two years of teaching experience under their belt. This is approximately the amount of time it takes an instructor to become established with different teaching techniques and to understand how to match them with each unique student.
- Will you remain my instructor throughout the course? What you want is consistency. Changing the instructor midway can be disruptive and will require reorientation with the new instructor which could take time.
- What is your student pass rate? You won’t find an instructor with a 100% pass rate so look for one with a decent one. It shows that an instructor cares about their students and how they do their job if they can remember the pass rate without checking records.
- What is the cost of your lessons? There isn’t such a thing as cheap driving lessons. But they shouldn’t be too expensive either. Ask around first to get an average figure that you can use for comparison.
At Allstar Driver Training, our aim is not only to help you pass your practical driving test but to also help you become a safe and confident driver. Your success and safety are our top priorities.Visit Our Google+ Page